Articles on this Page
- 07/03/17--06:20: _Gallery: Draggin’ M...
- 07/05/17--06:42: _NSRA Award Winners ...
- 07/07/17--18:34: _Street Rod and Stre...
- 07/10/17--04:37: _Gallery: Goodguys P...
- 07/12/17--06:49: _Get Your St. Paul S...
- 07/17/17--05:57: _St. Paul Street Mac...
- 07/19/17--06:22: _Vicari Auction’s Lo...
- 08/02/17--20:03: _The HRIA Hosts Tech...
- 08/03/17--20:02: _GALLERY – NSRA Nati...
- 08/04/17--10:05: _A Lap Around the Swap
- 08/07/17--04:31: _NSRA Nationals – HU...
- 08/14/17--05:08: _Another Tremendous ...
- 08/15/17--13:18: _Pro’s Picks from th...
- 09/04/17--19:26: _Gallery from the Riot
- 09/06/17--14:07: _Street Rod Life Get...
- 09/11/17--05:29: _Gallery from Goodgu...
- 09/22/17--09:16: _Downtown Showdown f...
- 09/25/17--05:25: _NSRA Special Winner...
- 10/05/17--05:20: _Giant Gallery – the...
- 07/04/15--12:49: _Reminiscing The Epi...
- 07/03/17--06:20: Gallery: Draggin’ Main in Clovis
- 07/05/17--06:42: NSRA Award Winners from Pueblo
- 07/07/17--18:34: Street Rod and Street Machine of the Year Finalists
- 07/10/17--04:37: Gallery: Goodguys PPG Nationals Overview
- 07/12/17--06:49: Get Your St. Paul Street Machine Nationals Coverage Here!
- 07/17/17--05:57: St. Paul Street Machine Nationals – HUGE Gallery
- 07/19/17--06:22: Vicari Auction’s Louisiana Road Tour
- 08/02/17--20:03: The HRIA Hosts Tech Seminars During the NSRA Nats
- 08/03/17--20:02: GALLERY – NSRA Nationals from Louisville
- 08/04/17--10:05: A Lap Around the Swap
- 08/07/17--04:31: NSRA Nationals – HUGE Gallery from Louisville
- 08/14/17--05:08: Another Tremendous Tri-Five Nationals
- 08/15/17--13:18: Pro’s Picks from the NSRA Nationals
- 09/04/17--19:26: Gallery from the Riot
- 09/11/17--05:29: Gallery from Goodguys Colorado
- 09/22/17--09:16: Downtown Showdown from Albuquerque
- 09/25/17--05:25: NSRA Special Winners from Kalamazoo
- 10/05/17--05:20: Giant Gallery – the Bayou Round Up
- 07/04/15--12:49: Reminiscing The Epic And Respected 2014 Bourbon Blitzkrieg Run
During the festival there were tours of the studio, special events and jam sessions at the Norman & Vi Petty Rock & Roll Museum and more. This year there were two full days of music even before the Draggin' Main event started!
With the crystal clear skies, colors tend to really pop and two Outstanding Use of Color awards were given during the show. A pair of Fords really stood out; a tangerine/black ’38 and a purple over yellow ’40 pickup. The early coupe is owned by Larry and Louise Teal of Walker, Louisiana, while the truck is owned by James and Lorie Warren of Colorado Springs.
When you look over the gathering of rods, you see quite a cross section of styles. It was cool to see a couple big blocks in the fray as well as one engine nearly capping at 700 cubic inches. Vintage styling cues were in abundance, incredible machine work, fit and finish of course.
Big awards were handed out on Saturday during a festive banquet with the title of Street Rod of the Year going to George Poteet for his Johnson's Hot Rods built '32 sedan while the Street Machine of the Year went to John and Nicki Wilkus with their 1969 Camaro built by the Roadster Shop.
The St. Paul Street Machine Nationals are kicking off this week, and we’re your best source for on the ground coverage.
It was three full days of non-stop street machine chaos in St. Paul for the annual O'Reily Auto Parts Street Machine Summer Nationals.
Our intrepid regional photographer and car-guy, Chopper, caught up with the tour as they were leaving the parking garage in Baton Rouge which happens to overlook the mighty Mississippi. The group stopped for lunch and a tour of Pellergrini Performance Group Motorsports, a full-service performance and climate controlled auto storage facility.
The annual HRIA Education Days take place Thursday and Friday, August 3-4, in the Kentucky Expo Center. Seminars begin promptly at 9am and run through the day. This gives you an outstanding opportunity to get first-hand knowledge and information directly from the manufacturer! Did we mention the seminars were FREE?
The Street Rod Nationals hosts thousands of cars and a sky-high number of participants and enthusiasts. If you've never been, picture over 10,000 street rods pulling into one sprawling fairground.
One of the areas every street rodder strolls through during any big event is the swap meet. Typically, early in the morning to scope out either a great deal on something, or a piece that's priced too high that you want to come back for later in the day.
Not only were there thousands of cars to comb through, buy inside the Expo Center were nearly 400 vendors and manufacturers displaying the latest in gearhead parts, tools and components. Having the manufacturers on hand is the best way to learn about new products as well as the technology and the right way to setup and use the components. If you're shopping for rod parts, there's just no better place to come!
The Tri-Five Nationals prove the popularity of the three most prominent years of Chevy production Photos: Shawn Brereton • Words: Todd Ryden When it comes to Tri-Five Chevys, it seems that the third time is the charm. Not just because the ’57 is such an iconic car, but also the fact that the third annual Tri-Five Nationals […]
The Pro's Picks special area is sponsored by Classic Instruments, and they even designed a unique trophy for each of the winners. Next time you're at an NSRA event, consider parking in the Pro's Picks area on Saturday
Two days of music, rats, rods, customs and kulture at the Riot on the west Texas border!
The Woodward Dream Cruise is a spectacular classic car event that takes place in Metro Detroit, along Woodward Avenue, on the third Saturday in August every year.
Early Truck went to an amazing home build ’34 Dodge truck with an extended cab and late model Hemi, Muscle Car was a 1969 428 Cobra Jet Mach 1 Mustang and Custom went to a phenomenal ’57 Fairlane.
The show is put together by Cecilia's Cafe and Gary Aragon plus there's a pre-party at Joez Shop, owned by Joe and Chris Martinez with an after party at US Kustoms. Special thanks to the Odd Fellas Bike Club of Albq for handling a killer custom bike show as well
It's always cool to see a rod carrying the blue oval from the inside out. At the Nationals North, the honors went to Tim and Chris Lies of Warrenville, Illinois, for their 1956 Ranch Wagon and its detailed engine.
Combining the hospitality of the people, the scenery, sweet music, the food and culture should be enough reason to visit, but when a few hundred vintage rods, customs and car-guys and gals roll in, it’s a win-win situation.
The 2015 Bourbon Blitzkrieg Run was an epic drive through the cross country roads of Kentucky and beyond. An 1,100 mile round trip, click here to see the festivities and the custom cars that were in attendance.